- Do you have tough clay soil?
- Does water run off instead of soak into the ground around your tree?
- Has there been any trenching to bury utility lines near by?
- Has nearby soil been compacted by extensive foot traffic or machinery?
- Is plastic or other impermeable fabric used around the tree?
Did you know that many tree care issues that you see are due to problems with the soil?
Healthy trees start with healthy soils!
The soils around trees in natural surroundings (like the ones in the forest) contain diverse populations of microorganisms and available nutrients that feed off one another. Because of these organisms, these trees tend to live much longer and stronger lives. The soils of “urban” trees are often neglected. As a home and tree owner, you can assist in promoting a healthy tree by maintaining your trees’ soil. We have developed various methods-customized to your property-to help promote a healthy soil environment.